Monday 20 March 2017

Book review: The English Teacher by R.K.Narayan

Hello people. Im baack after what it feels like a forever, yes my first and last post was almost 2 years ago. Apologies for not adhering to the blogger ethics. He He He He

Well this time I'm starting off with a book review. The English Teacher by R.K Narayan. 


© seetha ravindran 
Look at the condition of the book. It's been carelessly handled over the past two decades. I've borrowed this book from my university library. (Protips: Borrow books from either university libraries or public libraries to save money :D )

This book was one of a kind. It was absolutely amazing and too beautiful that I did not want it to finish already. I was secretly searching and praying for more pages to appear from nowhere when i clearly knew the end page is approaching already.

It's too beautiful that I teared. It's attractive in the sense that the love-filled and simplicity of the story while this being an autobiographical novel. This is my second time reading R.K's work, first being his The Painter of Signs.

This book has been penned about a decision that will change his( Krishna) life forever. Some of us might think that some day we might also opt for this decision but after reading this book it had instilled the realisation it might sound light and easy.

I've promised there'll be no spoiler, hence i recommend everyone to have a take on this. YES, you should!

MY REVIEW : ☆☆☆☆☆


Hope you've enjoyed this post. Take careeeee




No comments:

Post a Comment